With it being Vapril this month, we thought we'd re-post an article from the VApril website, to show our support. VApril is the world's largest vaping awareness and education campaign.
Some Top Line Stats About Vaping
According to Public Health England, vaping may be contributing to at least 20,000 smokers quitting every year - with the industry estimating this figure to be much higher - yet the same studies show that an estimated 40% of smokers still haven't even tried vaping. VApril 2019 is focussed on changing this picture by encouraging the UK's 7 million smokers to switch to vaping and learn about how this can be a life changing decision for the good of their health.
Top 10 Facts About Vaping
1. Vaping is at least 95% less harmful than smoking. (Public Health England, 2018)
2. There is no evidence that Second-hand vapour harms those around you. (Cancer Research UK, 2016)
3. Vaping doubles the chance of you successfully quitting smoking. (Public Health England, 2018)
4. Over 3 million smokers have already used vaping to quit or reduce their smoking. (Action on Smoking and Health, 2018)
5. Vaping helps 20,000 people quit smoking every year. (Public Health England, 2018)
6 An average vaper spends half as much as a smoker every month. (Cancer Research UK, 2018)
7. A smoker turned vaper saves the UK £74,000. (Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology)
8. Smoking costs the NHS £2.6 billion a year. (Public Health England, 2017)
9. Vaping helps save our communities smoking costs of £760 million a year. (Royal Society for Public Health, 2018)
10. There are over 2,000 vape shops in UK offering specialist advice and products to vapers. (Royal Society for Public Health, 2018)