Vaping & Taking Your E Cigarette Abroad
Check Before You Travel
E cigarette & vaping laws vary drastically from country to country so always check before taking your e cigarette abroad. We recommend checking the laws in your destination country before you even leave home. Otherwise, you could have your vape kit taken off you when going through security. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the vaping laws throughout the world, current as of July 2019.
Countries Where Vaping is Legal
These are the countries where it’s okay to vape. However, please note that these countries may still have restrictions on where you can vape e.g. in bars, public places etc. So do check the local laws. A good rule of thumb is to assume that where smoking is prohibited, vaping is likely to be too.
As above, please check for specific regulations & laws for the country you are travelling to before you leave as laws can change fairly frequently.
- Armenia – appears to be legal but were reports in 2017 that the government were considering a ban
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dubai (UAE)
- El Salvador
- Mexico – Import is illegal so don’t take excessive amounts of liquids or refills
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Countries Where Vaping is Illegal
Vaping in these countries could land you in prison, so don’t risk it!
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Countries Where Vaping is Legal But Restricted
- Colombia – The laws are unclear but it seems to be okay to vape
- Hong Kong – Nicotine liquids are illegal
- Malaysia – Vaping with nicotine is illegal
- Nicaragua -Nicotine liquids are banned (though in 2018 there are reports that these laws have been relaxed somewhat)
- Panama – It’s legal to use vape products but not to import or sell them
- South Africa – Vaping with nicotine is illegal
- Turkey -It’s illegal to buy/sell e cigarettes in Turkey but you can take your own products in for personal use
*You can vape in Australia however there are strict laws on nicotine and importation of nicotine-containing vape products. The laws also vary depending on the state so we recommend checking out this guide to Australian vaping laws for more specific information. Please note that vaping with nicotine-containing liquids or refills is illegal in the state of Queensland.
**You should be aware that regulations vary throughout different US states. Check out this useful guide to the different US state e cigarette laws.